Wednesday 13 June 2007

In the spirit of the promise...

Ok!

So in the last post I promised more updates, today you're getting two posts in one day! Talk about a bargain! ;) I was considering holding off on this one until tomorrow, so that we'd have 2 posts in 2 days...but I couldn't let this lie any longer, I had to keep you up-to-date! =)

It was announced today that:

"...Gears of War will be getting a title update tomorrow, June 14th after 0200 0900 GMT. Inside the Title Update, you’ll find eight new Achievements for the "Annex" gametype and the "Hidden Fronts" Multiplayer Map Pack on Xbox LIVE.

In addition to adding new Achievements, worth a total of 250 points, Epic has improved the Roadie Run controls so players have greater control of their movement. The title update will also help squash multiplayer exploits and provide general housekeeping.


All I can say is woah, I've impressed by Epic! Now obviously I was impressed by them when they initially released Gears of War, but then I got annoyed at various aspects of the online multiplayer, as well as the fact that all the multiplayer achievements were ONLY attainable in Ranked matches, in which you couldn't play with friends and usually took around 10 minutes to start! But now I am impressed. I'm enjoying Annex matches and they're giving away the achievement points for free! =) Now, in fairness, technically they aren't all free yet as it implies that some will be for the 'Hidden Fronts' pack, which is paid for. But that will be free come 3rd September! So, I'm happy enough with that anyway! =) I'm looking forward to this but the main thing I need at the moment is to find some time to actually spend with my xbox in order to try these things out, lol!

It seems like I'm working more and more, getting involved with more and more things...and my gaming life suffers! But, all is not lost, I will make time for it, in the same way that I will post here at least every other day! =)

Till next time,
Soupy

EDIT: Updated release time for title update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. I'm always ready for more achievements. I don't play GoW enough any more to buy the maps though so I guess I'll be getting them in Sept.

Soupy said...

Likewise, I will also be waiting until September! I'll be playing Shadowrun, Saints Row, WWE SvR 2007, Splinter Cell: DA, FIFA 07, Rainbow 6: Vegas (even Viva Pinata) a lot more, before I spend a lot of time on Gears again. It's still good for the odd game here and there, but the multiplayer achievements aren't fun enough to obtain for me to aim for them! Maybe these new ones will, but I'll still be playing the other games until then!

Thanks for dropping by again! =)

Soupy