Thursday 19 April 2007

Remember the Titans, Forget the TalkTalk

OK, so last night I did 3 things. Firstly, the normal 360 playing and general web surfing, so not much excitement there. But I also watched a movie, 'Remember the Titans', starring one of my favourite actors at the moment, Denzel Washington package. . Basically it's about American High School football in the 70's (for those who haven't seen it) and the racial tension involved at the time. A great film though! One not to be missed if you're into films, like me =)

So, the other excitement of last night was an HOUR LONG phone call (holding for roughly 55 minutes of it) onto my telephone and broadband provider in the UK TalkTalk. The one that 'claims' to give you free broadband when on their £20 a month landline. OK, so it would be a great deal if that was the case, but ever since the broadband went live they decided to set the broadband half up as a standalone account and have been charging £20 for the landline, and £30 for the broadband! What is that about?!? So you'd think after being on the phone for an hour it would be sorted....not a chance! :( Customer services tells me what the problem is (like I didn't already know!) and passes me onto sales to sort it out. Of course, sales says I already have an account and they can't edit my existing one...talk about a load of crap! By the time sales points me in the right direction the call centre closes and I get the 'Our opening hours are...' message. It's so frustrating! Though maybe I'm being too critical. I know many people who didn't have broadband and signed up to TalkTalk and got their landline and broadband package working perfectly first time...I just think it was because I already had broadband with someone else that they messed it up!

Hopefully I can get it sorted in the next few days anyway! Apart from current events, not really much coming up in the near future of any importance. My car is still getting fixed after a week of it being in. Hopefully it will be back to me too! And I'm back to uni next week so life should calm down a bit in general, which will be welcome...except for the upcoming exams, but it's all sweet! =)

Soupy

No comments: