Monday 2 July 2007

Back...but not soon enough

Hello!

Finally, I make it back to my blog home, though I feel I've been away longer than I anticipated. Well, I don't want to bore you all with my holiday stories (unless you'd like to hear, in which case comment and ask, lol!) but basically I left Tuesday 20th June at 4am, spent 7 really good days in Magalluf, Mallorca...and returned around 7pm Tuesday 27th June. Now, I was without proper internet access until late Thursday 29th June, due to also moving house during this time. Now when I think about it, quite a stressful week one might say.

So now, back to reality. No more holidays, work as usual (if not busier) and the desire to play my 360 more than I get to is ever increasing! Though, I have a plan for that...so watch this space ;)

In actual news, that you may find exciting, I noticed that while I was gone the "Rainbow Six Vegas: Black Pack" was released. I do play R6V occasionally but not enough to warrant the purchase of the Red Pack, a while back, nor this new Black Pack...or so I was led to believe. In fact, while the Black Pack was released at 800 MS Points for a short period of time, it was later pulled without reason or excuse. This mysterious action was rather confusing to many, until it was all cleared up a few days ago.

Apparently, the Black Pack was intended to be released free later in the month...but for some reason was released early for 800 points. People are obviosuly very confused! But, the good news is that the Black Pack will go as planned, for free, on the 30th June (which was a few days ago by the way!). Those who did pay for it, during the short time it was up, will have their MS points refunded! =D

But the better news is that the previously released Red Pack, for 800 points, will also be made free from 6th July (that's this Friday). Now I'm even more glad I didn't buy it when it was released.

In my opinion, they should have made this clear at the start. For instance, when the Gears new map pack (Hidden Fronts, I believe it's called) was released, it was announced that it would later be made free. So I didn't think twice about it, I knew I would wait until it was free, I wasn't that desperate to have it. On the other hand, I bought the Crackdown premium DLC the day it was released, and would have done even if they'd mentioned it was being released for free at a later date. I just wanted it ASAP!

On a side note, I bought Pac-Man C.E. yesterday, as well as Prince of Persia Classic. Pac-Man C.E. is highly addictive and A LOT of fun to play. Prince of Persia brings back memories of the original on the Amiga 1200 for me, and it's also a lot of fun to play. I highly recommend both of them! =)

I also tried the Overlord demo yesterday. It was immense fun and I will definately be looking to buying this in the near future! =)

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to keep with my promise I made before holiday and post at least every other day.

So until later today, tomorrow, or the day after,
Soupy

4 comments:

Syndelin said...

Overlord is GREAT! So much fun... even to watch Cormyre play. I haven't played it yet (I did play the demo), but I can't wait to start it. Trying to get my puzzle badge first though. ;)

Anonymous said...

It would have been nice to have an announcement about the Black Pack being free before hand or an announcement when it was right when it was released, but at least they are trying to make up for it with the Red Pack getting its price cut to free.

Soupy said...

@Syndelin: I keep getting Cormyre's twitter updates: "Cormyre is online playing Overlord", "Cormyre is online playing Overlord", "Cormyre is STILL online playing Overlord", "Is Cormyre never not online playing Overlord?"...lol, I kid, but he does play a lot...and to be honest, it's the reason I checked it out...and I'm glad I did =)

@Jigsaw: Yeah, I agree, but a screw up is a screw up...at least they didn't try to cover it up. I'm happy enough they're being honest and admitting the mix-up. Though, I'm even happier that they're giving both away for free! =)

Soupy

Syndelin said...

LOL! Yeah, he played all day yesterday since he was off work. I think he's only about halfway through all of the achievements in it too. When games like that are released, I try to remember to bring a book to his house when I go over. ;)