Monday 7 May 2007

Weather (pun intended) to choose 360 or outdoors

Well I thought it's about time I actually made another post. Though, I'm not sure what to write about! I'm sure if I just continue to type, it'll come to me, lol! Today is May Day, a lovely bank holiday in which the Belfast Marathon takes place. I took part in it last year, but not the full marathon, just the fun run. And to make it more fun, I dressed as Big Bird, lol! I even got on the news because of it...though I won't let you know where that video is! ;) This year, I'm not taking part and instead have decided to relax today, as everything else just seems to be so busy, I think I need a day off.

This week's been kinda mad! I've been out in town 3 nights and each one has been a mad one. As well as pulling an all nighter this week, and being out in the sun A LOT. It's very rarely we get the sun in Northern Ireland so I decided to make the most of it. They said that last week was the hottest week for this time of year in 300 years! I didn't even know they recorded the temperature 300 years ago, and when I questioned that they said that they started recording the temperature in Northern Ireland 300 years ago so they can't tell if it's been hotter before that! Anyway, it sure felt hot to me. I even got a little burnt, but luckily when i burn, it goes to tan shortly after! =) All this sun and madness of this week has got me thinking of Magalluf. I can't wait to go now...only 6 weeks and 2 days to go! Should be really good fun, me and 8 other guys in the sun! Even that sounds slightly homosexual, it's not...at all! =)

Also, due to all the nice weather and the enjoyment I was getting out of it, this happened! =( Yes that's right...after 50 consecutive days of playing my 360, I forgot to play one day and my streak has gone. As you can see from the comment on that page, I was rather annoyed =( That's the thing though. I shouldn't be annoyed at losing a 50 day streak of playing, I should be annoyed that I had a 50 day streak in the first place! lol! Now, don't get me wrong...I love my 360! But ever since joining 360Voice I have been over-playing my 360, just so that it can write about me, I can get badges, I can have an awesome streak...it's a little sad, but I like it! =) Plus, there's a great community of people there and if I'd never joined 360Voice, I never would've joined 360gl. I know I maybe don't participate there as much as I'd like to, but that community is truly awesome! There are some great people there and I really look forward to the Halo 3 Beta nights they're preparing. If you wanna check out the people that run 360gl, they are Mr and Mrs Achievement. Their links are in the section to the right (that I added today) but they are truly the kind of people that make the community of 360 owners FAR supperior to that of the Playstation 3. I used to think the people who hated the original Xbox's and then the 360's, and wouldn't leave their precious Playstation, were just Sony fanboys...now I'm proud to call myself an Xbox fanboy...and wouldn't change to the dark side for anything in the world (except maybe MGS4...but my optimism is still hoping for a 360 release, lol! Don't let me down Hideo!)

As I come to the end of my post, I should keep you up-to-date on a few things. My car is STILL in for repairs...apparently this part is harder to find than a leprechaun! Which reminds me of a funny story I heard this week...maybe you'll hear it one day, lol! In other news, I've been doing a lot of java for a uni project due in on Wednesday. Gonna finish it up this afternoon/evening hopefully! Also, me and a friend are looking for a house for next year. Hopefully, a nice two bedroom close to where we are now. Going to view a few on Tuesday so hopefully that will turn out well. And finally, the weather that has been oh so good has let me down as I hear the rain hitting my window! =( Oh well, at least I had no official plans to go outside, lol!

Till next time,
Soupy

No comments: